Freckles are light brown pigmentation spots on your skin usually caused due to over-exposure to the Sun. Freckles too, just like acne, open pores and patchy skin, aren’t easy to get rid of if you don’t like them. They could be as stubborn as possible. Freckles are made up of a mass of skin cells which hold the melanin pigment. They are not harmful but they could be annoying to some people. Hormonal imbalance is another reason why some people may get these light brown spots on some parts of their body. Freckles are mostly seen on the face, arms and shoulders. Here are 5 simple yet effective home remedies to get rid of freckles. Read more to know about them:
1. Lemon Juice: It is known to be an effective, organic component which aids in lightning the freckles and other skin pigmentations. It’s natural lightning properties will work effectively to reduce not only your freckles but blemishes as well. Take 2 to 3 teaspoons of lemon juice and gently massage it over your freckles using your fingertips. Leave it for 8-10 minutes. Repeat this twice a day for better results.
(Also Read: 5 Ways To Use Lemon To Keep Dandruff At Bay)
It is known to be an effective, organic component which aids in lightning the freckles
2. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has a component known as Aloesin in it which works effectively to reduce skin pigmentation. It is trusted and effective treatment for freckles. Try and use fresh aloe vera gel. You can either pluck it from an aloe vera plant or you can get an organic aloe vera gel from the market. Apply it all over your face and leave for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water. Repeat this remedy daily for better results.
Aloe vera has a component known as Aloesin in it which works effectively to reduce skin pigmentation.
3. Buttermilk: Buttermilk is yet another kitchen regular that aids in reducing freckles. It also leaves our skin supple and hydrated. To use buttermilk for your freckles, make a thick paste out of it by using oatmeal. Mix these two ingredients together and apply it on your face and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Apply this pack twice a week for faster results.
Buttermilk is yet another kitchen regular that aids in reducing freckles. It also leaves our skin supple and hydrated.
4. Almond Oil: Almond oil is rich in vitamin A and vitamin E which aids in nourishing the skin and reducing the pigmentations. Take 2-3 drops of almond oil and heat it. With the help of your fingers massage the oil on your face and leave for about 1 hour or until the skin fully absorbs the oil and rinse it with lukewarm water. You can even apply this oil overnight.
5. Mint and Bananas: Mint is rich in antioxidants which help aid in reducing freckles. Plus, the nutrients present in bananas help the skin hydrate. To make this face pack, you would require mint puree which you can make using a mixer, now add mashed bananas. Mix the both ingredients well and apply it on your face. Leave it for 8-12 minutes. Repeat this remedy thrice a week for better results.
Mint is rich in antioxidants which help aid in reducing freckles. Plus, the nutrients present in bananas help the skin hydrate.
Some people really like freckles on their face. It’s a differentiator and they love flaunting a freckled look! But if you are not one of them, then go ahead and try these natural ways to reduce pigmentation and get a natural healthy glow.
Source: New feed